What should I do if my printout contains garbled characters?
If you're printing from a Windows computer, try the following:
- Make sure you selected the correct printer in the application you're printing from.
- Cancel any pending print jobs from your computer.
- Clear any stalled print jobs from the Windows Spooler by following these steps:
- Windows 7: Click and select Devices and Printers. Right-click your product name, select See what's printing, right-click the stalled print job, click Cancel, and click Yes.
- Windows Vista: Click and select Control Panel. Click Printer under Hardware and Sound, right-click your product name, select Open, right click the stalled print job, click Cancel, and click Yes.
- Windows XP: Click Start and select Printers and Faxes. (Or open the Control Panel, select Printers and Other Hardware if necessary, and select Printers and Faxes.) Right-click your product name, select Open, right-click the stalled print job, click Cancel, and click Yes.
- Make sure your product is selected as the printer in your printing program.
- If your product is connected to a USB hub, connect it directly to your computer instead.
Published: March 27, 2012
Thank you for your feedback.
Return to Main FAQs Page