How should I load envelopes?
Do the following:
You can load
envelopes in Cassette 2 (lower cassette) as described here. You can print on
plain paper envelopes in this size:
No. 10 (4.1 x 9.5 inches
[105 x 241 mm]).
You can also load a single envelope
in the rear paper feed slot, as described in that section.
Note: Do not remove or insert the paper cassette during printing.
- Close the output tray, if necessary.
Note: As you slide in the output tray, there may be slight resistance
and noise. This is normal.
- Open the front cover.
- Pull on the front cover to pull out the lower paper cassette.
- Slide the edge guides outward.
- Insert up to 10 envelopes, printable side facedown and flap edge
left, as shown.
Note: Make sure the envelope is not sticking out from the end of the
- Slide the edge guides against the envelopes, but not too tightly.
Note: Make sure the envelopes are under the tabs on the edge guides.
- Keep the cassette flat as you insert it.
Note: The output tray will open
automatically when you print.
Always follow these
envelope loading guidelines:
Paper Loading Capacity
- If you have trouble
loading a stack of envelopes, press each envelope flat before loading it or
load one envelope at a time.
- Do not load envelopes that
are curled, folded, or too thin.
Published: March 19, 2013
Thank you for your feedback.
Return to Main FAQs Page