What should I do if my printout is blurry or smeared?
Check the following:
Print Head Cleaning
Print Head Alignment
Available EPSON Papers
Selecting Basic Print Settings - Windows
Selecting Basic Print Settings - Mac OS X
Selecting Printing Preferences - Mac OS X
Selecting Advanced Print Settings - Windows
Cleaning the Paper Path
- Make sure your paper is not damp, curled, old, or loaded facedown in the sheet feeder (the printable side should be faceup).
- Use a support sheet with special paper, or load special paper one sheet at a time.
- Make sure your paper meets the specifications for your product.
- Use EPSON papers to ensure proper saturation and absorption of genuine EPSON inks.
- Make sure the paper type setting in your product software matches the type of paper you loaded.
- Remove each sheet from the output tray as it is printed.
- Avoid handling printouts on glossy paper right after printing to allow the ink to set.
- Turn off any high speed settings in your product software.
- If you print on both sides of a sheet of paper, smudges may appear on the reverse side of heavily saturated or dark images. If one side of a sheet will contain a lighter image or text, print that side first.
- Run a nozzle check to see if any of the print head nozzles are clogged. Then clean the print head, if necessary.
- Align the print head.
- Clean the paper path.
Note: Your product will not operate properly while tilted at an angle. Place it on a flat, stable surface that extends beyond the base of the product in all directions.
Published: June 8, 2012
Thank you for your feedback.
Return to Main FAQs Page