What should I do if I'm having paper feed problems?
See the solutions below for your type of paper feed problem.
Paper Feeding Problems
Paper Ejection Problems
- If paper does not feed for printing, remove it. Then reload it in the sheet feeder against the right side and beneath the tab. Slide the edge guide against the edge of the paper, making sure that the paper stack is not above the arrow mark on the edge guide.
- If multiple pages feed at once, remove the paper, fan the edges to separate the sheets, and reload it.
- If paper jams when you load only one or two sheets, try loading more sheets at a time. Do not load more than the recommended number of sheets.
- If paper jams when you print on both sides of the paper, try loading fewer sheets.
- For best results, follow these guidelines:
- Use new, smooth, high-quality paper that is not curled, creased, old, too thin, or too thick.
- Load paper in the sheet feeder printable side up.
- Follow any special loading instructions that came with the paper.
Paper Jam Problems
- If paper does not eject fully, you may have set the wrong paper size. Cancel printing to eject the paper. Select the correct paper size when you reprint.
- If paper is wrinkled when it ejects, it may be damp or too thin. Load new paper and be sure to select the correct paper type setting when you reprint.
Cancelling Printing Using a Product Button
Paper or Media Type Settings
Paper Loading Capacity
- Cancel the print job from your computer, if necessary.
- Gently pull out any jammed paper from the output tray and sheet feeder.
- Press the start button to resume printing. If the product messages still show an error, continue with the next step.
- Press the power button to turn the product off.
- Lift up the scanner unit, and remove the jammed paper and any torn pieces.
- Lower the scanner unit and press the power button to turn the product back on.
- Carefully follow all paper loading instructions when you load new paper.
Published: July 26, 2012
Thank you for your feedback.
Return to Main FAQs Page