How do I change the size of printed text when printing from my computer?
You need to select the text or font size in the application you are printing from, not in the printer driver. See the videos (Microsoft Excel
or Microsoft Word
) or instructions below to change the font in some common Microsoft applications.
Microsoft Word 2003 (or earlier)
Microsoft Excel 2003 (or earlier)
- Select the text you want to change.
- Open the Format menu and select Font. A Font window appears.
- Select the font settings you want to apply to your selected text.
- Click OK.
Microsoft Office 2007 (Word or Excel)
- Select the cells that contain the text you want to change.
- Open the Format menu and select Cells. A Format Cells window appears.
- Click the Font tab.
- Select the font settings you want to apply to your selected cells.
- Click OK.
- Select the text (or cells) you want to change.
On the Home tab, in the Font group, click the arrow next to the font size and choose the appropriate size, or click Increase Font Size or Decrease Font Size.
Published: September 19, 2012
Thank you for your feedback.
Return to Main FAQs Page