Can I view the image on my laptop at the same time it is displayed on the projector screen?
Your laptop may support this feature. Try the following.
If you're using a PC notebook:
If you're using Macintosh OS X:
- Hold down the laptop's Fn key and press the key labelled with a monitor icon or CRT/LCD. (See your laptop's manual for details).
- To display on both the laptop's monitor and the projector, try pressing the same keys again.
- If the same image is not displayed by the laptop and projector, check the Windows Display utility to make sure the external monitor port is enabled. (See your computer or Windows manual for instructions).
- If necessary, check your video card settings and set the multiple display option to Clone.
- Make sure the projector is connected to your Macintosh.
- Open the System Preferences utility and select Displays.
- Select Detect Displays.
- Do one of the following:
- Mac OS X 10.6.x: Click Show displays in menu bar.
- Other Mac OS X versions: Select the VGA Display or Color LCD option, click the Arrange or Arrangement tab, and check the Mirror Displays check box. (See your laptop manual for details.)
Published: April 24, 2012
Return to Main FAQs Page