How do I set up to use a WEP AirPort network?
Because AirPort uses passwords that do not follow the standard for WEP encryption, you need to change your network password to a hexadecimal value. If WEP is active in your AirPort network, it must be temporarily disabled to configure the print server.
Follow these steps:
1. Create a computer-to-computer network without password protection on the Macintosh that you use to configure the print server.
2. Follow the steps beginning on page 14 to install WP-Admin and establish a connection to the print server.
3. Make the following selections on the Wireless Server Configuration screen:
4. Make any other changes you want to the Wireless Server Configuration screen and click OK. When you see the Wireless Server Search window, click QUIT.
5. If you want to use the printer in computer-to-computer (ad hoc) mode, go to step 6. If you have an AirPort Base Station, do the following:
For example: 0x62B91F2A98. Then go to step 7.
6. To use the printer in computer-to-computer mode, do the following:
7. Open the Chooser from the Apple menu. Select your printer icon, then click the EPSON printer port icon. Turn on background printing if you want, and close the Chooser.
8. For each Macintosh on your network, either select a connection to your base station from the AirPort Networks list, or join the computer-to-computer network that your print server is on.
9. When prompted, enter the network password that you created in step 5 (if you're using a base station) or step 6 (if you're using the printer in computer-to-computer mode).