How do I set the password on the projector?
Follow these steps to set a password or change an existing one:
- Hold down the Freeze button on the remote control until you see the Password Protect menu. This takes about five seconds.
- Press the down arrow to select Password and press Enter.
You see the prompt to "Change the Password?".
- Select Yes and press Enter.
- Hold down the Num button on the remote control and use the numeric buttons to set a four-digit password. The password displays as **** as you enter it. Then you see the confirmation prompt.
- Enter the password again. You see the message Password accepted.
- Press Esc to return to the Password Protect menu.
- Make a note of the password and keep it in a safe place in case you forget it.
After setting a password, you see the Password Protect menu. Select the password security types you want to use.
If you do not see this menu, hold down the Freeze
button on the remote control for five seconds until the menu appears.
- To prevent unauthorized use of the projector, select Power On Protect, press Enter, select On, press Enter again, and press Esc.
- To prevent changes to the User's Logo screen or related display settings, select User's Logo Protect, press Enter, select On, press Enter again, and press Esc.
- To prevent changes to network settings, select Network Protect, press Enter, select On, press Enter again, and press Esc.
You can attach the Password Protect sticker to the projector as an additional theft deterrent.
Be sure to keep the remote control in a safe place; if you lose it, you will not be able to enter the password required to use the projector.
Published: June 29, 2012
Thank you for your feedback.
Return to Main FAQs Page