How do I replace the maintenance box?
Do the following:
Replacing the Maintenance Box
Make sure you have a
new maintenance box before you begin.
Do not reuse a maintenance box that has been removed
and left uninstalled for more than a week. Keep the maintenance box away from
- Press the
button to turn off the product.
- Remove the new maintenance box from its package.
Do not touch the green chip on the maintenance
- Press the tabs and remove the duplexer (rear cover).
- Grasp the maintenance box as shown and pull it out of its holder.
Note: Do not tilt the used maintenance box or take it apart.
Warning: If ink gets on your skin, wash
it thoroughly with soap and water. If ink gets into your eyes, flush them
immediately with water. If ink gets into your mouth, spit it out and see a
doctor right away. Keep the maintenance box out of the reach of children and do
not drink the ink.
- Place the used maintenance box in the plastic bag that came with
the new maintenance box. Seal the bag and dispose of it carefully.
- Insert the new maintenance box into the holder and push it all the
- Reattach the duplexer (rear cover).
Published: March 12, 2013
Return to Main FAQs Page