Printing is slow or the printer stops printing when I try to print. What should I do?
If printing becomes slow, try the following:
- Make sure your system meets the requirements for your operating system. If you are printing a high-resolution image, you may need more than the minimum requirements. If necessary, increase your system's memory.
- If you're using Windows 7, close the Devices and Printer window before you print.
- Clear space on your hard drive or run the defragmentation utility to free up existing space.
- Close any programs that you're not using when you print.
- If your product is connected to a USB hub, connect it directly to your computer instead.
- If printing becomes slower after printing continuously for a long time, the product may have automatically slowed down to protect the print mechanism from overheating or becoming damaged. Let the product rest with the power on for 30 minutes, then try printing again.
If the steps above did not help, and you're using Windows 7, Windows Vista, or Windows XP, delete the EPAUDF01.AUD file as described below.
- Do one of the following:
Windows 7 and Windows Vista: Click , then select Computer or My Computer. Double-click the C: drive, then open the folders ProgramData > EPSON > PRINTER.
Note: If you don't see the ProgramData folder, select Folder and search options from the Organize menu. A new window appears. Select the View tab, then select Show hidden files, folders, and drives in the Advanced settings. Click OK.
Windows XP: Click Start, then select My Computer. Double-click the C: drive, then open the folders Documents and Settings > All Users > Application Data > EPSON > PRINTER.
Note: If you don't see the Application Data folder, select Folder Options from the Tools menu. A new window appears. Select the View tab, then select Show hidden files, folders, and drives in the Advanced settings. Click OK.
- Right-click the EPAUDF01.AUD file, then select Delete.
- Restart your computer.
- Try printing again.
Updated: July 14, 2015
Thank you for your feedback.
Return to Main FAQs Page