How do I restore the colors in faded photos?
You can restore the
colors in faded photos as you scan them using Epson Scan's Color Restoration
setting. You can select this setting in any of the available scan modes.
Do the following:
Note: Color restoration is not available in Office Mode, if Epson Scan
offers that mode.
- Place your original on your product for scanning.
- Start Epson Scan.
- Select the scan mode you want to use.
- Select the scan settings for your scan.
- Preview your image.
- Locate or access the image adjustment settings.
- Select the
Color Restoration checkbox.
- When you finish selecting all your settings, click
Close to exit the Epson Scan window, if
Epson Scan scans your
original, and saves the color-restored file in the selected folder or opens it
in your scanning program. If the file was saved directly to your computer, you
see the file in the Windows Explorer or Mac OS X Finder, where you can view and
print the image, if desired.
Starting a Scan
Selecting Epson Scan Settings
Published: February 1, 2013
Thank you for your feedback.
Return to Main FAQs Page