How do I use the control panel buttons to scan to my
You can scan an
image using your product's control panel buttons.
Your product automatically selects suitable default scan settings, but
you can view or change them as necessary.
- Make sure you installed the product software and connected the
product to your computer or network.
- Press the Scan button. The scan options are displayed:
- Press the up or down arrow buttons to select a scan option and
Scan to USB Device saves your scan file on a USB flash drive and
lets you select the file format, resolution, and other settings.
Scan to Cloud sends your scanned files to a destination that
you have registered with Epson Connect.
PC saves your scan as a JPEG
file to your computer or as an image capture in Mac OS X 10.6/10.7/10.8.
Scan to PC (PDF) saves your scan as a PDF file to your
computer or as an image capture in Mac OS X 10.6/10.7/10.8.
Scan to PC (Email) scans your original and attaches it to a
message in your e-mail program. You can select the e-mail program you want to
use and resize your image, if necessary, from an option screen on your
Note: This works with MAPI-type email such as Microsoft Outlook,
Windows Live Mail, Mac Mail, and Entourage, but not web-based email such as
PC (WSD) lets you manage
network scanning in Windows 7 or Windows Vista (English only).
Note: To use this feature, you must first set up WSD (Web Services
for Devices) on the computer you want to scan to.
- To scan to your computer, you first need to select how you
connected your product to your computer:
- If your product is connected directly to your computer with a
USB cable, press the up or down arrow buttons to select
- If your product is connected to your computer over a network,
press the up or down arrow buttons to select the computer name from the list.
- Press the Start Color button to start scanning.
Published: February 1, 2013
Return to Main FAQs Page