How do I install the latest scanner driver in OS X 10.6.x or later?
Do the following:
- Make sure your product is turned on and connected to your Mac.
- Open the menu and select Software Update.
- Do one of the following:
- Open the menu and select System Preferences > Print & Scan, Print & Fax, or Printers & Scanners.
Your product should appear in the left side of the window. If your product is not listed, click the + (Add) icon and select your product.
- Close the Print & Scan, Print & Fax, or Printers & Scanners window.
Note: The steps above will allow you to scan with Apple's Image Capture software on your product. However, you can also install Epson Scan. Epson Scan provides additional image adjustment and photo correction features for enhancing scanned images, and provides an interface for TWAIN-compliant OCR scanning software.
To install Epson Scan, do the following:
- Go to the Drivers & Downloads page for your product.
- Expand the Drivers section.
- Select Scanner Driver and EPSON Scan Utility.
- Click Download and follow the on-screen instructions to install Epson Scan.
Updated: July 14, 2015
Thank you for your feedback.
Return to Main FAQs Page