How do I use the control panel buttons to automatically scan a photo or document and
attach the scanned image to an email?
You can scan an image or document and attached it to an email using your product's
control panel buttons.
- Make sure you installed the product software and connected the product to your
- Press the
Scan button. The scan options are displayed.
- Press the up or down buttons to select Scan to PC (Email) and press
- Select how your product is connected to your computer:
- If your product is connected directly to your computer via USB cable, press
the up or down arrow buttons to select USB Connection and press the
OK button to begin scanning.
- If your product is connected to your computer over a network, press the up
or down arrow buttons to select the computer name from the list and press
the OK button to begin scanning.
Note: This works with MAPI-type email such as Microsoft Outlook, Windows Live Mail, Mac
Mail, and Entourage, but not web-based email such as Gmail.
Published: February 1, 2013
Thank you for your feedback.
Return to Main FAQs Page