How should I clear jammed paper from the automatic document feeder?
If paper jams inside the Automatic Document Feeder (ADF), open the document cover and remove any paper from the scanner glass. Then look to see if paper is extending from either end of the feeder.
To clear the jammed paper, follow these steps.
: Gently remove any pages remaining at either end of the ADF.
- Turn off the product.
- If the document cover is open, close it.
- Open the ADF cover.
- Open the ADF input tray, and then slowly turn the green dial to remove the jammed paper.
- If most of the paper has been ejected to the ADF input tray, remove the jammed paper while turning the dial.
- Close the ADF input tray.
- After you have removed the paper, close the ADF cover.
- If you load unsupported papers, the product may feed more than one sheet of paper at a time. See Document specifications for additional information.
- You may need to clean the interior of the product. See Cleaning the Product for additional information.
Published: October 9, 2012
Return to Main FAQs Page