How should I clean the scanner?
To keep your scanner operating at its best, clean it periodically as described below.
- Do not press the glass surface inside the scanner with any force.
- Be careful not to scratch or damage the glass surface inside the scanner, and do not use a hard or abrasive brush to clean it. A damaged glass surface can decrease the scan quality.
- Never use alcohol, thinner, or corrosive solvent to clean the scanner. These chemicals can damage the scanner components and the case.
- Be careful not to spill liquid into the scanner mechanism or electronic components. This could permanently damage the mechanism and circuitry.
- Do not spray lubricants inside the scanner.
- Turn off the scanner.
- Remove all paper from the input tray.
- Unplug the power cord from the scanner.
- Clean the outer case with a cloth dampened with mild detergent and water.
To clean the inside of the scanner please see Cleaning Inside the Scanner
for additional information.
Published: October 26, 2012
Return to Main FAQs Page