How do I install the driver from the EPSON Stylus Photo 900 CD-ROM in Windows 2000?
Follow these steps to install the printer driver and software:
- Make sure your printer is connected and turned on. Then turn on your computer.
- Wait for Windows to detect your printer and display a screen like the one below.
DON'T CLICK ANY BUTTONS ON THE SCREEN YET.
Note: If a screen like the one below doesn't appear, make sure your printer is turned on and connected.
- Put the EPSON CD-ROM in your CD-ROM or DVD drive and wait a few seconds for the CD-ROM to be recognized.
- Click Next on the Add New Hardware Wizard screen.
- Click the Search for option, then click Next.
- Click CD-ROM drive and make sure Specify a location is not checked. Then click Next.
- At the next screen, click Next. Installation proceeds automatically.
- When installation halts, click Finish.
- When you see the license agreement, read it and click Agree. You see this screen:
Follow these steps to finish installing the software:
- When you see the Optional Software screen again, click EPSON Printer Information Center on the screen shown below. Follow the instructions on the screen to install it on your desktop.
- Click Photo Software and click the button for each program to learn more about it. If you want the program, click Install and follow the instructions on the screen. Then click Back to return to the Photo Software menu.
Note: If you see a message about installing QuickTime, click Yes and follow the instructions on the screen. You don't need a registration number. At the end of the Film Factory installation, make sure the option to launch the program is not selected.
- When you're finished, close any open windows on the screen and click Back.
- Click CD Printing Software, then follow the instructions on the screen to install EPSON Print CD.
- Close any windows on the screen and click Exit at the Optional Software menu.
- When you see the registration screen, register your printer with EPSON as instructed.
- Remove the CD-ROM and keep it in case you need to reinstall any software later.
- Restart your computer if prompted.
Thank you for your feedback.
Return to Main FAQs Page