You can run a printer check to determine whether a problem comes from the printer or some other source. Follow these steps:
- Turn off your printer and computer.
- Disconnect the printer's interface cable.
- Load letter-size paper in the printer.
- Hold down the paper button, then press and release the power button. When printing starts, release the paper button.
A test page prints showing the printer's ROM version number, an ink counter code, and a nozzle check pattern. (If the pattern has gaps, you need to clean the print head)
If the check page prints, the problem probably lies in your software settings, interface cable, or computer, or your software may not be installed correctly.
If the check page doesn't print, you may have a problem with your printer. Try the suggestions in "Problems and Solutions" in your manual. If nothing works, contact your dealer or EPSON technical support.
- Turn off the printer, reconnect the interface cable, then turn on your printer and computer.