I connected the printer to my Windows 8 system but the printer driver did not install. What should I do?
If your printer has a Windows 8 in-box driver (Print Class driver), follow the instructions below to install the driver manually.
- Power on your printer and make sure it is connected to your Windows 8 computer.
- Power on your Windows 8 Computer.
- Click the Desktop icon/tile on the Start screen.
Note: The Desktop icon/tile image and location may vary.
- Right-click the Start button and then click Control Panel.
- Click Hardware and Sound.
- Click Devices and Printers.
- Click Add a Printer.
- If your printer does not appear on the Add Printer window, click The printer that I want isn't listed.
- Choose your connection type (Add a local printer or network with manual settings).
- Click Next and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.
In-box driver: Drivers included with Windows 8.
Published: October 25, 2012
Return to Main FAQs Page