Can I use my Epson network scanner on Windows 8?
If you are upgrading from Windows 7, you can use Windows 7 scanner software with Windows 8. You will need to reinstall EPSON Scan after upgrading to Windows 8.
Visit our Microsoft Windows 8 Support page to find out if newer drivers and utilities are available for your scanner.
Note: You'll also need to reconfigure your scanner network settings using EpsonNet Config Utility v4.0.0 or later. You can download the utility from the Epson support website. Follow the instructions below to obtain EpsonNetConfig Utility from the Drivers & Downloads page for your product.
- Go to www.epson.com/support, select your product category, then select your product name.
- Select Drivers & Downloads, then select Utilities.
- Select EpsonNet Config Utility v4.0.0 or later, then select Download Now.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to install the software.
To configure the Scan-Set IP Address and EPSON Scan Settings utility, do the following:
- Obtain the IP address or host name of the Network Image Express Card from your network administrator.
- Double-click the Epson Scan Settings icon in the Utilities folder.
- Select your scanner from the Select Scanner drop-down list.
- Select Network, then click Add.
- In the Add window, choose the Network Image Express Card’s IP address under Search for addresses, or select Enter address and type in the address. Then click OK.
- In the Epson Scan Settings window, click Test to check the connection. If everything works properly, you see a successful connection message in the Scanner Status box.
- Click OK to save the settings.
Note: The above instructions do not apply to these Epson scanners; Epson DS-6500/7500/50000/60000/70000.
Published: October 31, 2012
Return to Main FAQs Page