How do I install the EPSON StylusRIP Professional on a Windows XP or Windows 2000 System?
Before installing StylusRIP Professional, it is necessary to install EPSON Standard Windows Driver. Please refer to your printer's Users Guide. StylusRIP Professional uses the port assigned to the EPSON Standard Windows Driver. For example, if the destination port of the EPSON Standard Windows Driver is LPT1, StylusRIP Professional will also use LPT1 as its printer port.
Please follow these steps to install the PSserver for Windows:
1. Make sure Windows is running.
2. Insert the CD-ROM.
3. The Choose Setup Language dialog box appears automatically.
Note: If the dialog box does not appear, double-click Setup.exe in the Setup folder on the CD-ROM.
4. Select English and click OK.
5. Continue by following the instructions that appear on your screen.
6. When the Install Shield wizard appears, select the printer attached and click the Next button.
7. Continue installation by following the instructions that appear on your screen.
8. When the installation of StylusRIP Professional is finished, the following dialog appears.
Click the Finish button.
9. The Add Printer wizard starts and the installation of PS Driver begins. Click the Next button and continue the installation.
10. Check Local printer in Local or Network Printer. Do not check Automatically detect and install my Plug and Play printer. Then, click the Next button.
11. Select a printer port. Check Use the following port, and select StylusRIP Professional from the port list then click the Next button.
12. Select a printer model. Click the Have Disk button and specify the location of the INF file. The Windows 2000/XP INF file is saved in the following location on the CD-ROM:
When you finish selecting, click the OK button.
13. Model names of printers appear. Select the attached printer then click the Next button.
14. Continue the installation by following the instructions that appear on your screen.
15. If you are sharing the printer on a network, check Share as: and enter the network printer name. If you are not sharing the printer, check Do not share this printer. Then click the Next button.
16. If you are sharing the printer, enter Location and Comment. If you are not sharing the printer, this dialog box does not appear. When you finish entering, click the Next button.
17. In Print Test Page, select No, and then click the Next button.
18. When Completing, the Add Printer Wizard appears, click the Finish button.
Note: After the Finish button is clicked, the following dialog box appears in Windows 2000/XP. Click Yes.
19. The installation is now complete. Click the Finish button and restart your computer. You can use StylusRIP Professional after you restart your computer.