How should I transport the product?
Transporting Your Product
If you need to ship
your product or transport it a long distance, prepare it for transportation as
Caution: During transportation and storage, follow these
- Avoid tilting the
product, placing it vertically, or turning it upside down; otherwise ink may
- Leave the ink cartridge
installed. Removing the cartridge can dry out the print head and may prevent
the product from printing.
- Turn off the product.
- Lift up the scanner unit and check to see if the ink cartridge
holder is in the far right position (the home position). If not, turn on the
product, wait for the ink cartridge holder to move, then turn the product off
- Secure the ink cartridge holder to the case with tape.
Caution: Do not place tape on the white flat cable inside
the product; otherwise, you may damage your product.
- Lower the scanner unit.
- Remove all the paper from the product.
- Unplug the power cable.
- Disconnect any connected cables.
- Close the output tray and paper support.
- Place the product in its original packing materials, if possible,
or use equivalent materials with cushioning around the product.
Keep the product level during transportation. Be sure to remove the
tape from the ink cartridge holder before turning on your product. If print
quality has declined when you print again, clean and align the print head.
Print Head Alignment
Print Head Cleaning
Published: March 21, 2013
Thank you for your feedback.
Return to Main FAQs Page