Before you replace the lamp, let the product cool down for at least one hour so the lamp will not be hot.
Warning: Let the lamp fully cool before replacing it to avoid injury.
You can replace the lamp while the product is mounted to the ceiling, if necessary.
Note: The illustrations in this section show how to replace the commander projector's lamp, but you can replace the receiver projector's lamp using the same steps.
- Turn off the product and unplug the power cords.
- Allow the projector lamp to cool down for at least one hour.
- If you need to replace the lamp in the receiver projector, remove the stacking mount angle adjustment screws on both sides (and note which screw hole number you used). Then tilt the commander projector back so that you can access the receiver projector's lamp.
Warning: If the projector is installed on the ceiling, make sure to secure the commander projector so that it does not fall out of the stacking mount. If the projector falls, it may injure you or damage the projector.
- Use the screwdriver included with the replacement lamp to loosen the screw securing the lamp cover.
Warning: If the lamp is broken, glass fragments may be loose inside the lamp chamber. Be careful removing any broken glass to avoid injury. If the projector is installed on the ceiling, stand to the side of the lamp cover and not underneath it; pieces of glass could fall into your eyes or mouth when you open the lamp cover.
- Slide the lamp cover out and lift it off.
- Loosen the screws securing the lamp to the projector. The screws do not come all the way out.
- Lift up the lamp handle and gently pull the lamp out of the projector.
The lamp(s) in this product contain mercury. Please consult your state and local regulations regarding disposal or recycling. Do not put in the trash.
- Gently insert the new lamp into the projector. If it does not fit easily, make sure it is facing the right way. Press the handle down until it locks into place.
Do not touch any glass on the lamp assembly to avoid premature lamp failure.
- Push in the lamp firmly and tighten the screws to secure it.
- Replace the lamp cover and tighten the screw to secure it.
Note: Be sure the lamp cover is securely installed or the lamp will not come on.
- If you replaced the receiver projector's lamp, tilt the commander projector forward and reattach the stacking mount angle adjustment screws.
Warning: When you tilt the commander projector forward, be careful not to pinch your fingers in the mounts.
Reset the lamp timer to zero to keep track of the new lamp's usage.