How do I set the password on the projector?
To use password security, you must set a password.
- Turn off the product.
- Wait a few moments, then hold down the 1 button on the remote control and press the power button. The commander projector turns on. (The receiver projector stays off.)
- After the projector warms up, hold down the Freeze button on the remote control until you see the Password Protect menu. This takes about five seconds.
- Press the down arrow to select Password and press Enter. You see the prompt "Change the password?".
- Select Yes and press Enter.
- Hold down the Num button on the remote control and use the numeric buttons to set a four-digit password.
The password displays as **** as you enter it. Then you see the confirmation prompt.
- Enter the password again. You see the message "Password accepted."
- Press Esc to return to the Password Protect menu.
- To prevent unauthorized use of the projector, select Power On Protect, press Enter, select On, press Enter again, and press Esc.
- To prevent changes to the User's Logo screen or related display settings, select User's Logo Protect, press Enter, select On, press Enter again, and press Esc.
- Press the power button on the remote control. The commander projector turns off.
- Wait a few moments, then press the power button on the projector or the remote control. The commander and receiver projectors turn on and your password security is now enabled.
- Make a note of the password and keep it in a safe place in case you forget it.
You can attach the Password Protect sticker to the projector as an additional theft deterrent.
Note: Be sure to keep the remote control in a safe place; if you lose it, you will not be able to enter the password required to use the projector.
Published: May 15, 2013
Thank you for your feedback.
Return to Main FAQs Page