Try the following:
- Make sure the documents or photos are placed on the scanner glass correctly. See Placing Documents on the Product.
- Click Configuration, select the Preview tab, and select or deslect the Preview image rotation check box.
- If you are scanning using thumbnail previews, select the image and click the rotation icon to rotate it.
- Try disabling or enabling the Auto Photo Orientation setting. Click Configuration, select the Preview tab, and select or deselect Auto Photo Orientation.
- The Auto Photo Orientation feature will not work when you scan newspaper or magazine pages, documents, illustration, or line art. The feature will also not work when you scan images that are 2 inches (5.1 cm) or smaller on any side.
- The Auto Photo Orientation feature may not work correctly if the faces in your image are very small or not looking straight ahead, or if the faces are of infants. The feature may also not work correctly if you scan an indoor image that contains no faces, an outdoor image in which the sky is not at the top, or any image containing bright spots or objects in locations other than the top of your image.