The scanner doesn't start when I press the Start
button. What should I do?
Try the following:
- Make sure Epson Scan is installed correctly.
Also check the Events
tab in the scanner's Properties window and make sure Take no action
or Disable device events
is not selected when Assigning a Program to the Start Button.
Follow the steps below for your operating system:
Windows 8: Select the Desktop tile, Charms menu, then Settings. Select Control Panel, Hardware and Sound, then Device Manager (under Devices and Printers).
Windows 7: Click the Start button icon and select Control Panel. Click Hardware and Sound and then Devices and Printers.
Windows Vista: Click the Start button icon and select Control Panel. Click Hardware and Sound and then Scanner and Cameras.
Windows XP: Click Start select Control Panel and click Scanner and Cameras .
- Right click your product's icon and select Scan Properties or Properties.
- Click Continue or Yes in the User Account Control window.
- Click the Events tab.
- In the Select an event list, make sure Start Button is selected.
- In the Start this program list, choose the program you want to assign. Only compatible programs appear in the list.
Note: If you want to be given a choice of programs whenever you press the Start button, click the Prompt for which program to run radio button instead. If you want to disable the button from opening a program, click the Take no action radio button instead.
- Click OK.
Published: March 7, 2013
Thank you for your feedback.
Return to Main FAQs Page