Can I connect my product to my wireless network using the buttons on the control panel?
Yes. See the instructions below.
You can select or change wireless network settings using your product control panel.
To install your product on a wireless network, follow the instructions on the Start Here sheet and install the necessary software from the product CD. The installer program guides you through network setup.
Changing a Wi-Fi Connection to a Wired Network Connection
- Press the home button, if necessary.
- Select Wi-Fi Setup. You see this screen:
- Select Wi-Fi Setup Wizard.
Note: If you need to disable the wireless network to set up your product on an Ethernet network, scroll down and select Disable Wi-Fi instead. Then follow the instructions on changing to a wired network connection in this guide.
- Select the name of your wireless network or enter the name manually.
Note: To enter the wireless network name manually, scroll down and then select Other Networks. Use the displayed keypad to enter your network name, as described in the next step.
- Enter your wireless password (or network name and then password) using the displayed keypad.
Note: The network name and password are case sensitive. Be sure to correctly enter uppercase and lowercase letters, and numeric or special characters.
- Press the touch screen buttons repeatedly to scroll through characters.
- Press or to move the cursor.
- Press 1 Symb. to enter symbols.
- Press to delete the previous character.
- Press Done when you’re finished entering your password.
- Confirm the displayed network settings and select Proceed to save them.
Note: If you need to change a setting, press the back button.
- If you want to print a network setup report, press the start button. (Otherwise, select Done.) If the network connection is successful, a Wi-Fi antenna icon with blue connection bars is displayed in the upper-left corner of the LCD screen.
Published: August 23, 2013
Thank you for your feedback.
Return to Main FAQs Page