How do I use the control panel to scan?
You can scan an image to your computer using your product's touch panel buttons.
Your product automatically selects suitable default scan settings, but you can view or change them as necessary.
- Make sure you installed the product software and connected the product to your computer or network.
- Press the home button, if necessary.
- Select Scan. The scan options are displayed:
- Scroll up or down to view additional scan options, then select the one you want.
Scan to Memory Card saves your scan file on a memory card and lets you select the file format, quality, and other settings.
Scan to Cloud sends your scanned files to a destination that you have registered with Epson Connect.
Note: To use this feature, you must have registered a cloud account with Epson Connect.
Scan to PC (JPEG) saves your scan file directly to your computer or as an image capture in Mac OS X 10.6/10.7/10.8.
Scan to PC (PDF) saves your scan as a PDF file to your computer or as an image capture in Mac OS X 10.6/10.7/10.8.
Scan to PC (Email) scans your original and attaches it to a message in your e-mail program. You can select the e-mail program you want to use and resize your image, if necessary, from an option screen on your computer.
Note: This works with MAPI-type email such as Microsoft Outlook, Windows Live Mail, Mac Mail, and Entourage, but not web-based email such as Gmail.
Scan to PC (WSD) lets you manage wireless scanning in Windows 8, Windows 7, or Windows Vista (English only).
Note: To use this feature, you must first set up WSD (Web Services for Devices) on the computer you want to scan to.
- To scan to your PC, select how you connected your product to your computer:
- If your product is connected directly to your computer with a USB cable, select USB Connection.
- If your product is connected to your computer over a network, select the computer name from the list.
- Press the start button to start scanning.
Updated: November 7, 2013
Thank you for your feedback.
Return to Main FAQs Page