What steps can I take to prepare my printer for storage?
Do the following:
- Turn off the product.
- Lift up the scanner unit and check to see if the print head is in the far right position (the home position). If not, turn on the product, wait for the print head to move, then turn the product off again.
- Secure the ink cartridge holder to the case with tape.
Do not place tape on the white flat cable inside the product; otherwise, you may damage your product.
- Lower the scanner unit.
- Remove all the paper from the product.
- Unplug the power cable.
- Disconnect any connected cables.
- Close the rear paper feed slot cover and the output tray. Then lower the control panel.
- Place the product in its original packing materials, if possible, or use equivalent materials with cushioning around the product.
Keep the product level to prevent damage. Be sure to remove the tape from the ink cartridge holder before turning on your product.
If print quality has declined when you print again, clean and align the print head.
Published: November 18, 2013
Return to Main FAQs Page