How do I install the latest OS X 10.6.x, 10.7.x, 10.8.x, and 10.9.x scanner driver?
Do the following:
- Make sure your product is on and connected to your Mac.
- Select the menu, then Software Update.
- Do one of the following:
- Select the menu > System Preferences > Print & Scan, Print & Fax, or Printers & Scanners.
Your product should appear in the Printers list. If your product is not listed, click the + (Add) icon and select your product.
- Close the Print & Scan, Print & Fax or Printers & Scanners window.
Note: The steps above will set up Apple's Image Capture software on your product. However, you can also install Epson Scan. Epson Scan provides additional image adjustment and photo correction features for enhancing scanned images, and provides an interface for TWAIN-compliant OCR scanning software.
To install Epson Scan, do the following:
- Go to the Drivers & Downloads page for your product.
- Expand the Drivers section.
- Select Scanner Driver and EPSON Scan Utility.
- Click Download Now and follow the on-screen instructions to install Epson Scan.
Published: November 18, 2013
Thank you for your feedback.
Return to Main FAQs Page