How do I replace the lamp?
Before you replace the lamp, let the projector cool down for at least one hour so the lamp will not be hot.
Warning: Let the lamp fully cool before replacing it to avoid injury.
You can replace the lamp while the projector is mounted to the ceiling, if necessary.
- Turn off the projector and unplug the power cord.
- Allow the projector lamp to cool down for at least one hour.
- Use the screwdriver included with the replacement lamp to loosen the screws securing the lamp cover, and then remove the lamp cover.
Warning: If the lamp is broken, glass fragments may be loose inside the lamp chamber. Be careful removing any broken glass to avoid injury.
- Loosen the screws securing the lamp to the projector. The screws do not come all the way out.
- Hold the lamp by its handle and gently pull it out of the projector.
Note: The lamp(s) in this product contain mercury. Please consult your state and local regulations regarding disposal or recycling. Do not put in the trash.
- Gently insert the new lamp into the projector. If it does not fit easily, make sure it is facing the right way.
Do not touch any glass on the lamp assembly to avoid premature lamp failure.
- Push in the lamp firmly and tighten the screws to secure it.
- Replace the lamp cover and tighten the screws to secure it.
Note: Be sure the lamp cover is securely installed or the lamp will not come on.
Reset the lamp timer to zero to keep track of the new lamp’s usage.
Resetting the Lamp Timer
Optional Equipment and Replacement Parts
Published: July 16, 2013
Thank you for your feedback.
Return to Main FAQs Page