How should I load envelopes?
Do the following:
Loading Paper and Envelopes in the Rear Paper Feed Slot
You can print envelopes or documents in a variety of paper types and sizes in the rear paper feed slot.
- Extend the output tray and open the paper stopper.
Note: If you are using legal-size or longer paper, do not open the paper stopper.
- Pull up the paper support for the rear paper feed slot.
- Flip the feeder guard forward, then slide the edge guides outward.
- If you are inserting a stack of paper, fan the sheets first and tap the stack on a flat surface to even the edges.
Note: You can load one sheet of binder paper with holes on one of the long edges as shown. Do not select automatic 2-sided printing for this type of paper.
- Do one of the following:
- Slide the edge guides against the paper, but not too tightly.
- On the product's LCD screen, select the size and type of paper you just loaded in the Setup > Paper Setup menu.
Always follow these paper loading guidelines:
Selecting the Paper Settings for Each Source - Control Panel
Paper Loading Capacity
Paper Type Settings
- Load only the recommended number of sheets.
- Load paper short edge first, no matter which way your document faces.
- Load the printable side faceup.
- Load letterhead or pre-printed paper top edge first.
- Do not load paper above the arrow mark inside the edge guides.
- If you have trouble loading a stack of envelopes, press each envelope flat before loading it or load one envelope at a time.
- If print quality declines when printing multiple envelopes, try loading one envelope at a time.
- Do not load envelopes that are curled, folded, or too thin.
- Check the paper package for any additional loading instructions.
Published: March 26, 2014
Thank you for your feedback.
Return to Main FAQs Page