Can I install an updated version of Epson Scan to use with Mac OS X 10.9 (Mavericks) and my Epson All-in-One or scanner?
Yes, if it's available for your product. To update Epson Scan, do the following:
- Go to the Epson main support page, select your product, then Drivers & Downloads.
- Select Drivers, then Scanner Driver and EPSON Scan Utility.
- Click Download and follow the on-screen instructions to install Epson Scan.
If Epson Scan is not available for your product, check back later. Updated versions of Epson Scan are posted as they become available.
Note: You can use Image Capture to scan with Mac OS X 10.9.
If you are unable to scan with Image Capture, do the following:
- Open the menu > System Preferences > Printers & Scanners.
- Click + and select your product. If you're using a wireless connection, select your Epson product as the Use setting, then click the Add button.
- Close the Printers & Scanners window.
- Try scanning again.
Updated: January 27, 2014
Thank you for your feedback.
Return to Main FAQs Page