How long should the projection lamp last in normal operation?
- Normal Power Consumption mode: Up to about 4000 hours
- ECO Power Consumption mode: Up to about 5000 hours
Note: Lamp life varies depending on mode selected, environmental conditions, and usage. Brightness decreases over time.
To prolong the life of the lamp, you can do the following:
Image Quality Settings - Image Menu
Projector Setup Settings - Extended Menu
- Set the projector's Power Consumption setting to ECO.
- Turn on the projector's Sleep Mode setting.
- Turn off the projector when not in use.
- Make sure the projector is operated within the environmental requirement of 41 to 95 ºF (5 to 35 ºC), and 14 to 140 ºF (–10 to 60 ºC) when stored.
- Lower the projector's Brightness setting.
- Clean the air filter if dust collects on the filter or exhaust vent.
- When you replace the lamp, make sure you don't touch the lamp with your bare hands. The invisible residue left by the oils on your hands may shorten the lamp life. Use a cloth or a glove to handle the lamp.
Published: February 13, 2014
Return to Main FAQs Page