Epson Stylus C64 Ink Jet Printer
Return to Main FAQs Page
The quality of my printed output is unacceptable. What can I do to improve it?
Check the following:
- Verify that the printable side of the paper is face up. EPSON brand paper, which is designed for the EPSON Stylus C64 printer, delivers the best printed output.
- Verify that printer driver settings are correct:
- The Quality Type setting in the printer driver may be set incorrectly for your document. If the output is faint, make sure the Quality Type is not set to Draft.
- Make sure the correct printer driver is selected for your printer model.
- For more information see Windows, Macintosh OS X, or Macintosh OS 8.6 to 9.x.
- Perform a nozzle check to make sure all colors are printing properly.
- Make sure your ink cartridges are not outdated. They should be replaced six months after installing them in the printer to ensure the ink is fresh.
- Try testing the printer with another computer and cable. This will eliminate the possibility of a defective printer cable or software problem.
- Try replacing the ink cartridge and make sure you are using genuine EPSON ink cartridges.using genuine EPSON ink cartridges.