In order to avoid this problem, you must install the printer driver from the printer CD or a downloaded driver file on your local computer. You should not install the driver through the network. To correct this problem, follow the steps below to remove and reinstall the printer driver:
- Go to the Printers and Faxes window and delete the printer’s icon.
- In the Printers and Faxes window, select Server Properties from the File menu. A Print Server Properties window will appear.
- Select the Drivers tab, select your printer and then click Remove.
- Restart the computer.
- Download the latest C84N driver or install the driver from the CD that came with the printer.
- Return to the Printers and Faxes window.
- Right-click on the printer’s icon and select Properties. A properties window will appear.
- Select the Ports tab, select the proper network port from the list and then click OK.
- Set your local printer (or whichever printer you’d like) as the default printer on your local computer.
After you complete the above procedure, you should find that the C84N does not become the default printer when you restart your computer. Repeat this procedure for the other computers on the network as necessary.