Epson Stylus Pro 4000 Print Engine
Return to Main FAQs Page
How do I install the printer queue on a Mac OS X client computer if the ColorBurst RIP is running on a Windows server?
Follow these instructions to install the printer queue on your Mac OS client:
- Run the PPD installer v. 1.0.3 on your Macintosh. This installer can be downloaded from the Stylus Pro 4000 Downloads page.
- On the server, right-click ColorBurst RIP in the Windows printer folder and select Sharing.
- Share the printer with full permissions using a name that has no more than 10 characters (e.g., CBRIP).
- Restart the PC, then launch the ColorBurst server and start the spooler with the appropriate environment selected.
- On the Macintosh, go the the following directory to obtain the PPD:
Hard Drive > Library > Printers > PPDs > Contents > Resources > en.lproj
This directory contains a compressed file: CSE4000.PPD.gz.
- Double click the CSE4000.PPD.gz file.
This will extract the file CSE4000.PPD.
- Copy the CSE4000.PPD file to a folder that is easier to locate on your system, such as your “user” directory.
- Open the Printer Setup Utility, click the Add button, then select Windows Printing from the interface menu.
- Select the “network neighborhood” (i.e., workgroup) where the ColorBurst server is located.
- Navigate to the ColorBurst RIP server. You will need to know the user account name and password for the PC.
- Select the ColorBurst server that you named in step 3.
- Select Other under Printer Model, then browse to the location where you placed the CSE4000.PPD file.
The printer has now been added to your Mac OS X client.