- Check the Stylus Pro 4000 Downloads page and install the latest updates for the Mac OS X server version of ColorBurst.
- After downloading the PPD file (epson11300.sea.hqx) from the Stylus Pro 4000 Downloads page, double-click the downloaded file to extract the PPD. This will place an epson11300 folder on the desktop, which contains the ColorBurst SP 4000.ppd file.
- Copy the ColorBurst SP 4000.ppd file to the Printer Descriptions folder: HD > System Folder > Extensions > Printer Descriptions.
- Open the Desktop Printer Utility. This is found in HD > Applications > Utilities.
- In the Desktop Printer Utility, select AdobePS. Select Printer LPR from the list, then click OK to continue. If you don’t have the AdobePS driver, you can download it from Adobe.
- In the Postscript Printer Description File group, click Change. In the window that opens, select ColorBurst SP4000.ppd, then click Select.
- In the LPR Printer Selection group, click Change. The Internet Printer window opens.
- Enter the IP address of the computer where ColorBurst is installed and running (ColorBurst server). Please note that the server computer’s IP address must be static. If you are using a non-static address, the address may change when the server computer is restarted and the communication between the client and server will be lost.
- In the Internet Printer window, enter the ColorBurst Printer Server Name (found in the ColorBurst RIP Preferences window) under Queue. The queue is published as ColorBurst_RIP. The queue name must be entered exactly as it is published, with no spaces. Do not change the default queue name, or you will not be able to print to the server.
- To confirm the connection, click Verify. A confirmation message appears if the IP address and queue are found. If the confirmation message is not displayed, check the IP address settings on both the server and client computers. Click OK when you are finished.
- Double check your settings to ensure that the correct PPD and IP address are being used. Click Create to save the settings as a Chooser level printer. Name the printer and save it to the desktop. Once you name and save the printer, close the Desktop Printer Utility.
- When selecting the printer in OS 9, open the Chooser and select AdobePS. The printer that was created will not appear in the Chooser list. Close the Chooser.
- To print your job, select Print from the File menu. The AdobePS window opens. Under Printer, look for the name that you assigned to the printer. Select the correct printer name, then click Print.