What are the recommended Color Management Settings for Photoshop CS 2?
There are two ways to manage color workflow when printing from Photoshop CS 2: using the application (Photoshop) and using the printer driver. The following instructions explain how to use the program and the driver to product the best color output and how to prevent undesirable results.Using Photoshop and ICC profiles
Using the Printer Driver to Manage Color
- Set Color Handling in Photoshop CS to Let Photoshop Determine Colors.
- Set the printer profile to a choice that matches your printer and paper (I.E. Pro4800 EMP_Mk).
- Set the rendering intent to Perceptual or Relative Colormetric. Perceptual is recommended.
- Set the Printers Color Management to Off No Color Adjustment.
Combinations to Avoid
- Set Photoshop to No Color Management.
- Set Printer Color Management to any of the Epson color controls settings.
The following setting combinations produce poor results and they are not recommended.
|Photoshop setting||Printer driver setting|
|Let Photoshop Determine Colors||Color Controls|
|No Color Management||Off (No Color Adjustment)|
Thank you for your feedback.
Return to Main FAQs Page