How can I use my Epson StylusRIP Professional 2.0 software with my Stylus Photo 2200 to print over a Cross-Platform Network?
The Epson StylusRIP Professional 2.0 can work as a network print server by having the printer shared over the network. Follow the instructions below.Windows XP/2000 Server Host computer setup
- Connect your printer to the Server Host computer via a USB or FireWire cable with the power on.
- Insert the Epson Stylus Photo 2200 software CD into the CD drive and install the Epson Standard Windows Driver.
- Remove the printer software CD and insert the Epson StylusRIP Professional CD into the CD drive to install the PS Server.
- When you see the language selection screen, select English, then click OK.
- Install the Server software, then click Next to continue.
- Click Next to install the Epson PS Server.
- Choose the Destination Location and click Next.
- Select your printer model from the list of printers, then click Next to continue the PS Server installation.
- Click Finish to complete the installation.
- When prompted, click Finish.
You see the Add Printer Wizard when the installation of the PS Server is complete.
|If the Add Printer Wizard is not displayed, double-click the Add Printer icon in the Printers & Faxes window, then click Next.|
- Select Local printer attached to this computer, then click Next (do not enable Automatically detect and install my Plug and Play printer).
- Select EPSON PS Port as your local port setting, then click Next.
- The server on which the Stylus Photo 2200 printer resides does not have the correct printer driver installed. When the screen asking you to select the printer type is displayed, click Have Disk... and specify the path to the INF file containing installation information. If your CD-ROM drive letter is D, the path will be D:\english\win2000-XP\ps_setup\epps2k.inf (change the drive letter as needed for your system). Then click OK.
- Select your printer model and install it according to the on-screen instructions.
- At the Print a Test Page dialog box, select NO, then click Finish. The driver file will be copied to complete the installation.
|Steps 16 and 17 involve configuring Network components and should only be completed by your Windows Network Administrator.|
- Enable Windows File and Print Sharing via the Network Connections control panel on the Server Host computer.
- Under the Control Panel menu, double-click Network Connections. Then, in your Local Area Connection Properties, install the File and Print Sharing for Microsoft Networks network service.
If the printer sharing was not selected during the initial StylusRIP driver installation, follow the procedure below.
- From the Printers folder, select the StylusRIP Professional printer driver that you would like to share.
- Then right-click the printer and click Sharing in the menu that appears. You see the Printer Properties dialog box.
- On the Sharing tab, check Share this printer and enter the name of the printer you want to share. Then click Apply.
Once you’ve enabled sharing on the print server, each of the client computers need to connect to it. Follow the procedure below.Mac OS 10.3.4 Client Host computer setup
- Open Print Center or Printer Utility Setup and click Add Printer.
- Select IP Printing from the drop down menu of the Printer List.
- Select LPD/LPR from the Printer Type option.
- Enter the IP address from the Windows Server in the Printer Address box.
- Leave Queue Name blank.
- Select the Printer Model from the drop down menu on the Printer List. Be sure to select Epson (initial capital letter only). Do not select EPSON (all capital letters). This selection cannot be used with StylusRIP.
- Select EPSON Stylus Photo2200 v3015.102 for the model name, then click Add.
Thank you for your feedback.
Return to Main FAQs Page