The Epson StylusRIP Professional 2.0 software can work as a network print server by having the printer shared over the network. Follow the illustration and procedure below.
Setting Up the PS Server
- Connect the Stylus Photo 2200 (P1) to the Server Host computer (S1) via a USB or FireWire cable.
- Install the PS Server software to the Server Host computer (S1).
- Install the PS Printer driver and PPD to each Client Host computer (C1, C2).
|The Server and Client systems must be in the same workgroup and segment to print over the network.|
- Connect your printer to the Server Host computer via a USB or FireWire cable with the power on.
- Insert the Epson Stylus Photo 2200 software CD into the CD drive and install the Epson Standard Windows Driver.
- Remove the printer software CD and insert the Epson StylusRIP Professional CD into the CD drive to install the PS Server.
- When you see the language selection screen, select English, then click OK.
- Install the Server Software, then click Next to continue.
- Click Next to install the Epson PS Server.
- Choose the Destination Location, then click Next.
- Select your printer model from the list of printers, then click Next to continue the PS Server installation.
- Click Finish to complete the installation.
- When prompted, click Finish to restart your computer.
The Add Printer Wizard appears when the installation of the PS Server is complete.
|If the Add Printer Wizard is not displayed, double-click the Add Printer icon in the Printers window, then click Next.|
- Select Local printer attached to this computer, then click Next. (Do not enable Automatically detect and install my Plug and Play printer.)
- The server on which the Stylus Photo 2200 printer resides does not have the correct printer driver installed. When you see the screen asking you to select the printer type, click Have Disk... and specify the path to the INF file containing installation information. If your CD-ROM drive letter is D, the path will be D:\english\win9x\ps_setup\epps9k.inf (change the drive letter as needed for your system).
- Select your printer model and install it according to the on-screen instructions.
- Select PS Port: EPSON PS Port as your local port setting, then enter the name of the printer and click Next.
- At the Print a Test Page dialog box, select NO, then click Finish. The driver file will be copied to complete the installation.
|Steps 16 through 24 involve configuring Network components and should only be completed by your Windows Network Administrator.|
- Enable Windows File and Print Sharing via the Network control panel on the Server Host computer.
- Open the Control Panel menu and double-click on Network.
- Click the Add button and double-click on Service to select your Network Component Type.
- Select File and Printer sharing for Microsoft Networks to install your Network service, then click OK.
- Close the Network Component Type screen to return to the Network screen, then click the File and Print Sharing radio button.
- Check I give others access to my files if you want to share the folder and I want to be able to allow others to print to my printer[s] if you want to share the printer driver, then click OK.
- When the network dialog box appears, click OK.
- If you are asked to insert the Windows CD into the CD-ROM drive, insert the CD into the appropriate drive and click OK.
- Restart your computer.
If printer sharing was not selected during the initial StylusRIP driver installation, follow the procedure below.
- In the Start menu, select the Settings option and open the Printers window.
- Select the printer you want, then right-click it and click Sharing in the menu that appears.
- Click the Shared As radio button, and select the options you want.
Once you’ve enabled sharing on the print server, each of the client computers need to connect to it. Follow the procedure below (Setting Up the Client System on Windows).Setting Up the Client System on Windows
- Insert the StylusRIP software CD and install the Client Software. The PS Driver and PS Manager will be installed.
- When you see the Add Printer Wizard on the screen, click Next.
- Select A network printer, or a printer attached to another computer to select the printer you want to use, then click Next.
- Enter the printer’s network path in the Network path or Queue name field. The network printer may also be selected by clicking Browse.
- At the end of the installation, click Finish.
If you experience printing problems using StylusRIP over the network, please check the following:
- The Stylus Photo 2200 must be connected via a USB or FireWire cable only. Optional network interface cards are not supported.
- The Server and Client systems must be in the same workgroup and segment to print over the network.
- If a router is used on the network and the job sent from the Client host computer does not print to the printer, remove the router from the network and temporarily install an Ethernet hub. This will avoid any firewall communication problems that may be caused by the router. Reinstall the PS Printer driver and PPD to each Client Host computer. After setup is complete, you can return the router connection back to its network configuration.