How do I remove and reinstall Epson Scan on Windows Vista and Windows 7?
Follow the instructions below.
Remove Scanner Driver:
Reinstall Scanner Driver:
- Disconnect the USB cable from the scanner and close any open windows on your computer.
- Open the Windows Control Panel.
- Click Programs and Features or Programs, then Uninstall a program.
- Select Epson Scan and click Uninstall/Change.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the removal and restart your computer.
- Go to the Drivers & Downloads page.
- Click the latest version of the Twain Driver for your version of Windows, then click Download Now.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to install the driver.
- When prompted, click Finish.
- Turn your scanner on and reconnect it to the computer. Windows should detect new hardware and complete the installation automatically.
- If a message appears indicating The scanner has not passed Windows logo testing, click Continue Anyway, then Finish.
- Restart your computer.
Published: March 31, 2010
Thank you for your feedback.
Return to Main FAQs Page