When I try to install the PictureMate Deluxe software in Windows XP, I see the message 'E_DMAI18.DLL' on EPSON PictureMate Deluxe is needed. What should I do?
One of the software files may be corrupt. Follow these steps to correct the problem:
- Disconnect the USB cable from PictureMate.
- Click Start and select My Computer.
|If you don't see My Computer in the Start menu, double-click My Computer on your computer's desktop.|
- Double-click the icon that represents your hard drive (usually C:).
- Double-click Program Files.
- Double-click EPSON.
- Double-click PrinterDriverTemp.
- Delete the PMATEDX folder.
|If you see a Confirm File Delete window, click Yes to All.|
- Reinstall the software using either the CD or the file you downloaded.
If you reinstall using the CD and it still doesn't work, repeat this procedure from step 1 but try reinstalling with the downloaded file instead.
|Reconnect the USB cable to PictureMate when you are prompted to do so by the installation software.|
If the steps above don’t solve the problem, follow these steps:
- If you have any USB devices other than PictureMate connected to your computer, disconnect them.
- Click Start and select Control Panel.
|If you don’t see Control Panel in the Start menu, select Settings and then Control Panel.|
- Double-click Printers and Faxes.
- Double-click Add Printer.
- Click Next.
- Select Local printer attached to this computer and make sure the Automatically detect and install my Plug and Play printer box is not checked. Then click Next.
- Select USB001 (Virtual printer port for USB) from the Use the following port list. Then click Next.
- When you see the window containing the list of manufacturers, click Have Disk.
- Click Browse, navigate to the C:\Program Files\EPSON\PrinterDriverTemp\PMATEDX folder, and then double-click E_DF19TA.INF.
- Click OK.
- Click Next or Finish in each remaining window to complete the installation.
|If you see a window asking if you want to replace the existing driver, select Replace existing driver before you click Next.|
- Reconnect your other USB devices if necessary.
Thank you for your feedback.
Return to Main FAQs Page