How do I use the CX11N to perform Push-Scans to a local computer running Mac OS X v10.4.x?
First, you must do one of the following to make the Push-Scan feature work:
- Manually start the Epson Scanner Monitor. This needs to be done only once unless the operating system is reinstalled.
- Add the Epson Scanner Monitor to your Login Items (in System Preferences).
- Download and install the latest version of Epson Scan.
Next, make sure the computers on the network meet these requirements:
- The computer must meet the system requirements.
- Presto! PageManager must be started and the registration key must be activated. Otherwise, the Push-Scan feature will be dormant.
Now follow these steps to set up the software:
- Install Epson Scan version 2.61 and Epson FileManager version 1.10 on each recipient computer. Install these programs from network mode through either normal or custom installation.
|Epson Scan and Epson FileManager are provided on the AcuLaser Software CD (CPD-19583) that came with your CX11N.|
- Install Presto! PageManager for Epson version 7.13.00 on each recipient computer.
- Presto! PageManager for Epson is provided on Disc Vol. 1.0 (310039700) that came with your CX11N.
- Do not change the folder name used by Presto! PageManager. This is where the scan files will be placed. If you change the folder name, you will see error messages and the scans will fail.
Once you have completed the setup steps, you are ready to scan. See Scanning to your computer
Thank you for your feedback.
Return to Main FAQs Page