Try the following:
- Select Color Management/Output > Output from Photoshop's print screen.
- Click Transfer and drag the middle of the curve to 40.0%.
- Click OK, then select Color Management.
- Choose Let Photoshop manage color as normal and the appropriate printer profile.
- Try to print. Since every photo is different, you may need to experiment with the Transfer Curve to find the level that best suits your needs.
Making changes to the Transfer Curve does not alter the original image. This curve affects the Shadows, Midtones and Highlights as a whole.