I replaced an ink cartridge and my printer still shows that ink is expended. What should I do?
If you have just installed a new cartridge and you still see an ink related error, the cartridge may be incorrectly installed.
Follow these steps to make sure the cartridges are correctly installed:
- Make sure the Epson Stylus CX is turned on.
- Check the photo viewer screen to determine which cartridge is incorrectly installed. Then do one of the following:
- If printer shows the ink cartridge is expended, press the Start button.
- If the printer shows the cartridge is low on ink, press the Setup/Utilities button. Press the left or right arrow to select Press Start to change cartridges. Then press the Start button.
- Press the Start button again.
- Lift up the scanner, then open the cartridge cover.
Never attempt to open the cartridge cover when the print head is moving. Wait until the cartridges have moved to the replacement position.
- Press down all the ink cartridges until they click into place to make sure they are properly seated.
If a cartridge is properly seated already, you may not hear a click.
- Close the cartridge cover and press it until it clicks into place.
- Close the scanner.
- Press the Start button. The Epson Stylus CX charges ink for about one minute and displays Charging Ink on the photo viewer screen until charging is finished.
Never turn off the Epson Stylus CX while the Charging Ink message is displayed or you’ll waste ink.
- Press the Setup/Utilities button to return to the previous mode, if necessary.
Published: March 5, 2009
Thank you for your feedback.
Return to Main FAQs Page