How long should the projection lamp last in normal operation?
The lamp should last approximately 2000 hours in High Brightness mode and 3000 hours in Low Brightness mode.
To prolong the lamp life, you can do the following:
- Turn on the projector’s Sleep Mode setting. See Customizing Power and Operation for more information.
- Turn off the projector when you are not using it. Continuous 24-hour-a-day use may reduce the lamp’s overall life.
- Make sure the projector is operated within the environmental range of 41 to 95°F (5 to 35 °C).
- Set the projector’s Brightness Control to Low.
- Make sure you correctly shut down the projector. This prevents premature lamp failure.
- When you replace the lamp, make sure you don’t touch the lamp with your bare hands. The invisible residue left by the oil on your hands may shorten the lamp life. Use a cloth or a glove to handle the lamp.
- Close the A/V Mute temporarily during projection when you don’t need to display the image.
Published: October 4, 2006
Thank you for your feedback.
Return to Main FAQs Page