How should I clean the scanner?
Follow these steps:
- Unplug the scanner’s AC adapter to turn it off.
- Unplug the AC adapter cord from the scanner.
- Clean the outer case with a cloth dampened with mild detergent and water.
- If the glass surface of the document table gets dirty, clean it with a non-abrasive microfiber cloth. If the glass surface is stained with grease or some other hard-to-remove material, use a small amount of glass cleaner and a non-abrasive microfiber cloth to remove it. Wipe off all remaining liquid.
Make sure that no dust builds up on the surface of the document table or the transparency unit window. Dust can cause spots in your scanned images. Caution:
- Do not press the glass surface of the document table with any force.
- Be careful not to scratch or damage the glass surface of the document table, and do not use a hard or abrasive brush to clean it. A damaged glass surface can decrease the scan quality.
- Never use alcohol, thinner, or corrosive solvent to clean the scanner. These chemicals can damage the scanner components and the case.
- Be careful not to spill liquid into the scanner mechanism or electronic components. This could permanently damage the mechanism and circuitry.
- Do not spray lubricants inside the scanner.
- Never open the scanner case.
Published: September 12, 2006
Return to Main FAQs Page