Follow these steps to create a new password:
- Press the Freeze button on the remote control for about five seconds.
- Use the pointer button to select Password and press Enter.
- When you see a message asking if you want to change the password, select Yes and press Enter.
- Hold down the Num button on the remote control and use the numeric keypad to enter a four digit password. (The default setting is 0000.)
- When you see a confirmation message, reenter the password. Then press the Menu button to exit the screen.
If you lose the remote control, you will not be able to enter the password. Keep the remote control in a safe place at all times. Also, it’s a good idea to write down your password.