How do I replace the projection lamp?
Follow these steps to replace the lamp:
- Turn off the projector and unplug the power cord.
- Let the projector cool for at least an hour (if it has been on). The lamp is extremely hot immediately after use.
Loosen the lamp cover screw (you don’t need to remove it). Then slide the lamp cover to the side and lift it off the projector.Loosen the two screws holding the lamp in place (you can’t remove them).Hold the lamp as shown and pull it straight out.Gently insert the new lamp. (If it doesn’t fit easily, make sure it is positioned correctly.)Once the lamp is fully inserted, tighten its screws.Replace the lamp cover, then tighten its screw.Turn the projector over.Reset the lamp timer.Note
- Let the lamp cool completely before replacing it.
- In the unlikely event that the lamp has broken, small glass fragments may be present and should be removed carefully to avoid injury.
- If the lamp is used after the replacement period has passed, the possibility that the lamp may break increases. When a lamp replacement message appears, replace the lamp with a new one as soon as possible, even if it is still working.
: The lamp(s) in this product contain mercury. Please consult your state and local regulations regarding disposal or recycling. Do not put it in the trash.
Published: March 7, 2007
Thank you for your feedback.
Return to Main FAQs Page